| || |
Sample Sports Law Newsletter
|July 9, 2010 FindLaw.com Sports Law Newsletter |
Table of Contents
NEW AND NOTEWORTHY
- SAfrican airport firm to reimburse fans
- FIFA looks to compensate fans who missed semifinal
- Clemens asks court to revive defamation claims
- End to long national nightmare finally within view
- Japan public TV drops sumo after scandal
- French parliament hosts hearing about WCup fiasco
- Caster Semenya Cleared to Run After Gender Test
- Police chief not ruling out Mandela appearance
COLLEGE ATHLETICS: THE TARNISHED TWENTY
- NCAA, colleges align with ticket brokers
- Ex-Seton Hall Coach Bobby Gonzalez Arrested for Shoplifting
You may forward this e-mail in its entirety.
- Police report no incidents at James' home
- Olympic swimmer Jenny Thompson attacked in Mass.
- Charges dropped against fan who confronted Beckham
NEW AND NOTEWORTHY:
JAPAN PUBLIC TV DROPS SUMO AFTER SCANDAL
(AP) - For the first time since it began televising sumo tournaments 57 years ago, Japan's public broadcasting network decided Tuesday not to air the upcoming competition live because of a gambling scandal that has sullied the sport's reputation. Read more...
CASTER SEMENYA CLEARED TO RUN AFTER GENDER TEST
(FindLaw's Tarnished Twenty) - South African Caster Semenya has been cleared to return to competition after the International Associate of Athletics Federations ruled that Semenya is a woman. The IAAF had been investigating Semenya's gender for the past year. Read more...
COLLEGE ATHLETICS: THE TARNISHED TWENTY:
NCAA, COLLEGES ALIGN WITH TICKET BROKERS
(AP) - College sports fans searching for a coveted ticket to a sold-out game can bypass the shady guys hanging outside the stadiums and arenas. Just try your favorite school's website or go straight to the NCAA. Read more...
EX-SETON HALL COACH BOBBY GONZALEZ ARRESTED FOR SHOPLIFTING
(Findlaw's Tarnished Twenty) - It has been a tough year for former Seton Hall Pirates basketball coach Bobby Gonzalez. In March, Gonzalez was fired the day after one of his Seton Hall players was ejected for punching an opposing player in the groin during the Pirates' final game of the season. The Pirates lost 87-69 and Gonzalez picked up his seventh technical of the season. Read more...
We value your comments! Please take a moment to tell us what you think by sending us an e-mail.
|Subscription Information |
Click here to subscribe to a FindLaw Newsletter. To unsubscribe, click here.
|Advertising Information |
For more information about advertising in FindLaw Newsletters, click here.